Heather here. Since my aunt said she wanted to see things in our “Kitchen Creations” category… here is an easy, but delicious, recipe for the slow cooker. We are always on the go and aren’t always home (for those of you that don’t know us, he works a ton of hours and I am a law student), so we do a lot of cooking this way.
Beef Veggie Soup… or stew if you choose to thicken the broth 🙂
- beef tips or stew meat (1.25 pounds to 1.5 pounds)
- fresh celery (2-3 stalks)
- carrots (2 or 3)
- small red potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- canned green beans, corn, and peas
- packet of beef stew seasoning
- 2 boxes of beef broth (low-sodium is better) or use 3-4 cans if boxes aren’t available
- paprika, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion, minced garlic, thyme, 2 small beef bouillon cubes, and olive oil.
- Empty boxes of beef broth into slow cooker. Add the canned vegetables (drained) to the broth.
- Cut red potatoes into quarters, and slice the carrots and celery. Sauté with 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, olive oil, and the beef bouillon cubes. Add entire mix to slow cooker. You may sauté the vegetables separately, potatoes, and then celery with carrots, if you do not have a large enough pan for everything at once – just split the seasoning in half also.
- Slice the onion. Sauté beef tips and onion along with little olive oil, garlic powder, and pepper. Once the beef is browned (it does not need to be fully cooked), add everything to the slow cooker.
- Add packet of beef stew seasoning, fresh ground pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and thyme to slow cooker and stir. Let cook for several hours on low setting if possible, or on high if you only have a few hours.
- Serve and enjoy!